I saw someone post this article on Instagram. It's an article written by an occupational therapist. You can see her suggestions on how to fix these issues here.
As a step-mom now, I want the best for my step-son. The good news is, Jake and Dillon's mom already have instilled a lot of great values and routines. There can always be improvements though.
Today’s children are being deprived of the fundamentals of a healthy childhood, such as:
- Emotionally available parents
- Clearly defined limits and guidance
- Balanced nutrition and adequate sleep
- Movement and outdoors
- Creative play, social interaction, opportunities for unstructured times and boredom
Instead, children are being served with:
- Digitally distracted parents
- Indulgent parents who let kids “Rule the world”
- Sense of entitlement rather than responsibility
- Inadequate sleep and unbalanced nutrition
- Sedentary indoor lifestyle
- Endless stimulation, technological babysitters, instant gratification, and absence of dull moments