Another day, another recipe I HAD to share! Found this new recipe for a Thin Mint Cheesecake with a dark chocolate ganache, it's VERY chocolatey but also delicious!
KITCHEN TOOLS NEEDED:
- 8×8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Food processororblender
- Stand mixer with whisk attachment
- Microwave safe bowl
For the Crust:
- 2 sleeves Girl Scout Thin Mints
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 – 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tbs flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Ganache:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, process the Thin Mints until no large chunks remain. Add melted butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using your hands or the back of a measuring cup press crumbs into the prepared baking tin in an even layer and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Then add sugar, flour, and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second increments, stirring after each one, until completely melted. Then, with the mixer on low, drizzle melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Scrape down bowl, making sure the chocolate is completely incorporated, and pour over your prepared crust, smoothing it into the corners.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees (DO NOT OPEN DOOR) and bake for another 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the oven off, crack the door, and leave to cool for 30 minutes. This will help prevent cracking.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, make the ganache by heating heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl until its hot and just bubbles around the edges (be careful not to let it boil). Once hot, add the chocolate chips, cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and let it sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir it constantly until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture thickens.
- Pour ganache over the cooled cheesecake, spreading into an even layer and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.