I love trying new recipes and if they turn out well, then I like to share them! Here is the recipe I did last night:
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon)
- ¾ pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion (optional garnish)
- cooked brown rice (to serve)
- broccoli or other veggies (to serve)
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, chili flakes (if using), ginger, and garlic, together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add shrimp and olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and ground pepper and toss to coat.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Place the shrimp into the pan in an even layer. Cook the shrimp on one side until nicely seared, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another minute or until they’re just cooked but still a little translucent in the center.
- Pour in the honey garlic marinade and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. If desired, remove the shrimp from pan so they don’t overcook, and reduce the sauce a little to thicken it (keep an eye on the sauce while reducing, the honey makes the sauce easy to burn if you forget about it on the stove).
- Serve the shrimp with the reduced sauce over brown rice and veggies. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
More details here.
- 1lb spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the squash in half
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Rub olive oil on the inside of the squash halves
- Place squash face down on baking sheet
- Cook for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool down
- Use a fork to shred into a bowl.
- Place the shrimp on top!