Some people can't stand the sound of someone chewing, or slurping noodles . . . but other food sounds people actually LOVE.
A survey asked people what they considered the "most satisfying food sound," and the top response was: Bacon sizzling in a pan. 33% of people said that's a sound that makes them happy.
Here's the rest of the Top 10:
2. Slicing a crusty loaf of bread.
3. Steak sizzling in a pan.
4. Butter being spread on toast.
5. The snapping of a chocolate bar.
6. French fries frying.
7. The first bite into a crisp apple.
8. Popping popcorn.
9. The rustling of a snack or potato chip bag.
10. Stir frying vegetables.
Clearly the sounds were impacted by how delicious the food is . . . no one said they felt soothed by the soft purr of BROCCOLI BEING STEAMED. (???)