The baby name site Nameberry went through their internal data to predict trends for 2023. Here's a fun one: Naming your daughter after your great-GRANDFATHER might become a thing.
Old man names for girls is starting to trend. People aren't even adjusting them. They're just like, "Wouldn't OTTO be a great name for a girl?"
A few they think could be popular next year include: Max . . . Ira . . . Lenny . . . Ozzie . . . Rudy . . . Arlo . . . Clarke . . . Gene . . . Jasper . . . Ray . . . Murphy . . . Teddy . . . and Lou.
Here are a few more baby name trends that could take off next year . . .
1. Adjective names. A few they've seen rise in the rankings include: Brave . . . Epic . . . Glorious . . . Icy . . . Sincere . . . Supreme . . . Wild . . . Heavenly . . . Savvy . . . Legendary, as a boy's name . . . and Powerful, as a girl's name.
2. Epic "maximalist" names. Like ones you'd expect to see in "House of the Dragon" or "Game of Thrones", but not in real life. Examples include: Lysander . . . Octavius . . . Perseus . . . and Valerian.
3. Cowboy names. They're trending for boys because of all the new western shows like "Yellowstone". A few that could jump in the rankings next year include: Abbott . . . Boone . . . Briggs . . . Dutton . . . Huck . . . Rhett . . . and Tex.
4. Four-letter names that end in the letter "i". For girls: Gigi . . . Joni . . . Kiki . . . Leni . . . Nori . . . and Mimi. For boys: Ravi . . . Tavi . . . Indi . . . and Ezri.
5. Names with the letter "x". For boys: Bronx . . . Felix . . . Hendrix . . . Fox . . . Rex . . . Ajax . . . and Huxley. For girls: Pixie . . . Trixie . . . Moxie . . . and Jinx.
6. Blue-green names: Emerald . . . Forest . . . Indigo . . . Azure . . . Cyan . . . Cerulean . . . Navy . . . and Ocean.
7. Names that are so out of style, they're cool again: Eddie . . . Hank . . . Jeanie . . . Marcie . . . Sandy . . . Sonny . . . Ferris . . . Dustin . . . and Todd.