What's something you'd rather rent than own? A poll asked 2,000 people, and a house or apartment only ranked 12th. So most of us would still rather own our home. Here are the top ten things we DON'T want to own . . .
1. Movies. We used to buy DVDs, but now we just stream.
2. Music. No one wants CDs now that we have Spotify.
3. Gym equipment. Like renting a Peloton bike instead of buying one.
4. Cars. A lot of people prefer leasing instead of buying, or just using Uber.
5. Storage spaces. Renting is cheaper upfront than putting a shed in your yard.
6. Phones. Like paying a monthly fee for the newest phone instead of buying it. And then you upgrade whenever you want.
7. Tools. If you rent at a place like Home Depot, you don't have to store them.
8. Wedding dresses. You can rent designer gowns now for a few hundred bucks.
9. Sports equipment. Like renting skis if you only go skiing once or twice a year.
10. Cleaning equipment. Like renting a rug cleaner at the grocery store.