There are probably more important things happening in the world, but if you're someone who's passionate about BREAD . . . Buzzfeed just conducted a major poll on it, and tens of thousands of people weighed in.
And yes, this is bread the FOOD . . . not "bread" the slang for money.
1. What kind of bread is the best? Sourdough is #1 with 38%, getting more than 30,000 votes. White bread is second at 33%. Wheat bread (16%) is next, followed by Cinnamon Raisin (6%) . . . Rye (5%) . . . and Pumpernickel (2%).
2. When you're at a restaurant, do you fill up on bread? 60% said YES, while 40% said NO . . . they mostly hold off to save room for the actual meal.
3. Are you into toast? A whopping 93% said yes, while just 7% said no.
4. Are you into putting butter on your bread? 87% said yes, 13% said no.
5. Do you like bread crust? 74% said yes. 26% said no. (If you polled ONLY five-year-olds, it would probably be more like . . . 0% yes, 100% no.)
One good question the poll DIDN'T ask: Even if you don't have a gluten sensitivity, can you deal with gluten-free breads . . . yes or no? (Buzzfeed)