I tried this recipe last night and really liked it so I wanted to share!
Sweet Potato and Apple Sausage Skillet
- ▢1TblsAvocado Oilor oil of choice
- ▢4linksChicken Apple Sausagesliced
- ▢1Sweet Potatopeeled and diced
- ▢1Green Applediced
- ▢¼tspSea Salt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the sliced sausage, then remove from pan
- Add in the sweet potato, salt and onion and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionallyYou want to get a little color on the sweet potato and it should be just starting to get tender
- Then add in the diced green apple and spinach. Continue to sauté until spinach is wilted and potatoes are tender
- Stir in the cooked sausage and lemon juiceTaste for seasoning and serve
**My tip, it was a little too sweet for me so I would put double the onion in it and half the apple!