Friday I did lots of house stuff and then sat down with an espresso martini and watched the new Netflix movie Love Hard. I'm still working on perfecting my espresso martini but I think I've come pretty close. This is the recipe I use:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur usually Kahlúa
- 1 ounce espresso freshly brewed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: coffee beans
- Brew the coffee and let it cool completely.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker then add the cooled coffee, simple syrup, kahlua and vodka.
- Shake very hard so the foam is formed then strain it quickly into a martini glass. Top with coffee beans, serve.
I Facetimed with my family in Wisconsin and my sister showed my nephew just plopped on top of their naughty cat. The cat lets those kids do whatever they want to him.
Saturday I had a wedding for my old co-workers from the Timberwolves. If you didn't know this, I used to be on their hype squad, the Action Pack, and I'm still very close with a lot of the people I worked with. And now two of the people I worked with got married. Congrats Jon & Ashley!
We danced so much. I had to keep going to the lobby area where it was cooler to take breaks from all the sweating that was happening, haha.
Sunday I took Mikki for a puppicino and then a walk around Lake Bde Maka Ska. I felt bad because halfway through the walk I realized it was a little too long for her. She's getting old and probably should only be doing a mile or two at a time.
You might not agree but I really loved the dusting of snow this weekend. I can't wait for snowboarding season to start! Hope you had a good weekend.