The things that WORRY kids the most have evolved over time.
Buzzfeed has a list of supposed "threats" that TERRIFIED millennials when they were younger, but are actually mostly harmless. Here are 10 highlights:
1. The Bermuda Triangle being a mysterious and massive concern.
2. Thinking they'd go to prison if they ripped the tag off a pillow or mattress.
3. Worrying that if they swallowed a seed, a plant would grow inside them.
4. Carnivorous, man-eating plants eating you alive.
5. Quicksand being a very prevalent hazard in life.
6. Believing that they'd be inadvertently poisoned by silica gel packs.
7. Being horrified that your shoe could get sucked into the escalator.
8. Thinking that if you turn on a light in a car, the car will immediately crash.
9. Worrying that swallowed gum would stay in your stomach for seven years.
10. Thinking that a ceiling fan could fall on you if you left it on while sleeping.
(Buzzfeed.comhas the whole list.)