What's the weirdest food your family made for you as a kid, and you thought it was totally normal? Here are some good ones we've heard . . .
1. Cold peas, mayonnaise, and sugar mixed together as a side dish at dinner.
2. Someone else said mac-and-cheese with peas and tuna mixed in was their mom's go-to lunch. And now they make it for their own kid all the time.
3. Someone's parents would put leftover pot roast in a food processor, mix it with Miracle Whip and relish, and eat it on bread. They called it "Beef Salad."
4. A woman's grandmother used to make "Applesauce Jell-O." Just red Jell-O and applesauce together, and she'd mix in Red Hot candies.
5. Peanut butter and bacon on toast, topped with gravy.
6. Cold spaghetti, lettuce, chicken croutons, and cheese, all topped with French dressing. That one was called "President's Salad."
7. A woman's grandmother made something called "Damn If I Know Soup." The recipe always changed, because she only made it when she had to clean out her fridge.
8. Potato chips, chicken soup, and tuna . . . all stacked up like lasagna. They called it "Mock Chicken."