We're going through a record cold wave in this country right now, with more than one-third of the continental U.S. seeing temperatures below zero. Except Miami, where there was a record high of 91. This is all normal.
Anyway, it's time for a new edition of everyone's favorite game: It's so cold that . . .
1. It's so cold that Dallas, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Kansas City, Austin, and Corpus Christi all saw their coldest temperatures since the '80s.
2. It's so cold that almost half of the people in the country are under a winter storm watch, warning, or advisory. That's 154 million people.
3. It's so cold that pucks kept SHATTERING during a charity hockey game the in Alberta, Canada. Temperatures were getting as low as minus-40.
4. It's so cold that in Kansas, the Highway Patrol cracked an egg, and the yolk froze on the way out and turned into a solid stick.
5. It's so cold that a salt truck in Tennessee hit a patch of black ice and rolled over.