You know how it sometimes feels like you have to learn a whole new language to keep up with modern dating? Yeah, that's so legit that now even the language education companies have gotten involved.
There's a language learning app called Babbel and one of their linguists just released a new report on the new dating terms that have come out of the pandemic. Check 'em out . . .
1. Zumping. Getting dumped over Zoom.
2. Corona-zoned. When a physical relationship is delayed because of Covid fears, so you keep things virtual for longer than you would've in normal times.
3. Lockblocking. Canceling or rescheduling a date because of new lockdown rules.
4. On-nomi. A Japanese term for drinking together online.
5. FODA. Stands for "fear of dating again," and happens to people who haven't been dating since the pandemic began.
6. Quarantionship. A relationship that started during quarantine and developed virtually.
7. Smugsolation. When a new couple uses social media to flaunt how they're now spending all of their time together in person.