Buzzfeed put out a list of 16 behind-the-scenes facts about pop songs that'll "change the way you listen to them." and here are five of the best but click here to see the entire list.
1. Harry Styles wrote"Falling"in just 20 minutes, while wearing just a shower towel, with a songwriter named Thomas Hull.
He said, "As I came out of the shower, he was playing. I went and stood next to him at the piano, just in a towel, and we just wrote the whole thing."
2. Stevie Nicks wrote"Landslide"about her difficult breakup with Lindsey Buckingham in 1974 . . . just before they joinedFleetwood Mac. She said, quote, "Fear never helps relationships, and when you're scared about where your next money is coming from, it's really nerve-racking."
3. When John Lennon divorced his first wife in the late '60s,Paul McCartney wrote "Hey Jude" for John's son,Julian, to make him feel better. It was initially"Hey Jules", but he changed it to"Hey Jude"because "Jules" was a mouthful to sing.
4. Dolly Partonused her acrylic nails as asoundeffect while recording"9 to 5". She said, "They make noise, and it kind of sounded like a typewriter to me. And I played it on the actual record . . . it says 'Nails by Dolly' on the album."
5. Donald Glover has said that "This Is America"is for the people, and it's up to them to interpret what it's really about. "Just like'Star Wars', you can watch this and walk away with whatever you need to walk away with."