Thanks to Chloe for the recipe!
20 Minute Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta!
• 1/2 pound angel hair
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 5 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
• 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
• 1 cup loosely packed basil roughly chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon salt plus more for seasoning
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan plus more for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
2. Add in a good handful of salt. Add pasta. Cook aldente or
until pasta is slightly undercooked.
3. Using tongs remove pasta from water into a colander. Reserve cooking liquid.
4. While pasta is cooking, add garlic and olive oil to a very large skillet.
5. Turn the heat on medium and cook until garlic becomes soft, about two minutes.
6. Turn the heat to a medium-high and add tomatoes and salt. Cook two minutes.
7. Add 1/2 cup of starchy cooking liquid leftover from pasta. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer for five minutes — the tomatoes should be starting to burst. If they haven’t gently push on them using the back of a wooden spoon. You only want about half to burst.
8. Add pasta, cook another two minutes.
9. Turn the heat off, add basil and parmesan cheese.
10. Toss to coat.
11. If needed add more starchy pasta water.
12. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
13. Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese.