I cook a lot and when I stumble upon a really good recipe I have to share so here's one for Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw!
Garlic cilantro lime sauce:
- 1/4 cupoil
- 1/4 cupwater
- 1/2 cupchoppedgreen onions
- 1/2 cupcilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- juice of2limes
- 1/2 cupsour creamorfull-fat Greek yogurt
Shrimp taco spice mix:
- 2 teaspoonseachchili powderandcumin
- 1/2 teaspooneachonion powderand garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspooncayenne pepper(more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspooncoarse sea salt
Stuff for the shrimp tacos:
- 1lb.shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2–3cups shreddedgreen cabbage
- 8smalltortillas(corn or flour)
- avocados,Cotija cheese, andlime wedgesfor serving
- Sauce:Pulse all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth.
- Slaw:Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage. We’ll use the leftover sauce to top the tacos.
- Shrimp:Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with the spice mix to get it coated. Heat a drizzle of oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and saute for 5-8 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assembly: For the prettiest and easiest-to-eat assembly, go in this order: smashed avocado, slaw, and shrimp. Finish with Cotjia cheese, lime wedges, and extra sauce.
Full recipe details here.
And the tomato side with the tacos I saw on Tik Tok and I don't have it saved anywhere, my bad.