I tried this recipe tonight and loved it, so thought I'd share!
Spaghetti squash with chicken, pears, & parmesan:
- 3 lb spaghetti squash, quartered and seeded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick (TIP: To prevent sliced pear from browning, place in a bowl of cold water; drain when ready to use.)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place squash cut side up on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1/4 inch water to sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown and squash is easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 35 minutes. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and add pear and sage. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken, pears and pan drippings to a large bowl.
- With 2 forks, scrape stringy squash flesh from skin, separating into strands. Add squash flesh to bowl with chicken mixture. Add chives and toss to combine. To serve, top with cheese.