The past 21 weeks (more like 17 weeks because we found out 4 weeks in) have sort of kind of flown by.
On Monday, we were lucky enough to go and visit our baby face to face (somewhat).
We are so excited to meet our little girl in less than 20 weeks. OMG half way there.
Here are the top 5 most notable things I've taken away from being an expecting parent.
- Some friends won't understand. Jenn and I are only 25. Most of our friends are still in a party mode. It's challenging to hang out with some of then when everything they do involves drinking alcohol. The closest friends will make time for you... others... not so much.
- Women are strong as f*CK. It blows my mind the amount of pain tolerance and endurance they have. Women deserve all the praise in the world.
- People love to stare... or make inappropriate comments. Sooo many strangers have asked if our baby was on purpose. I'm like what the hell is wrong with you lol. Why would you even ask? I guess you just have to learn to not care.
- I've learned life is a lot more significant than just chasing your dreams. I am always career driven, and this has opened my eyes. I want to enjoy the journey, not just rush through it to achieve the objective or conquer the goal.
- You have to invest in your future. Think ahead 5-10-15 years. What are you doing now that could effect your health in the future? How much money are you putting away every month in case something goes down?
Anyways. Thanks for reading. I can't believe we're already half way there!!