Sex therapist Debra Laino explains, “feeling sexy allows you to feel confident and connected to yourself” and it validates us “without the need for someone else’s approval.” Here are eight things you can do to make yourself feel sexy.
- Wear special lingerie on a normal day- No need to save the “good stuff” for when you’re getting lucky, wear it any day to feel sexy.
- Go to a workout class- It helps relieve stress and makes you feel better about yourself.
- Splurge on a massage- A good rub-down also helps reduce stress and it releases the feel-good hormone oxytocin, too.
- Hang out naked- Make a point to spend time at home in the nude to help you feel better connected to your body.
- Pay attention to your posture- Try a “power pose” with your head up, shoulders back and having straight, aligned posture to feel confident and sexy.
- Get outside your comfort zone- Break out of your routine and try something different for a boost of confidence and independence, which translates to sexy.
- Unleash your inner Beyoncé- Reconnect with your body by dancing it out.
- Unplug- Seriously turn off your phone, TV, computer, and tablet for a set amount of time to reduce stress, which is really important to feeling sexy.
More ideas here.