I decided to try a new recipe tonight and I would 10/10 recommend it!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup freshly grated old cheddar
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ranch dressing
- Extra grated cheese for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚F and line a baking dish with foil. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Rub the inside of the squash with a drizzle of olive oil and place face down on the baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Shred the chicken and add to a medium bowl along with the hot sauce, melted butter, sour cream, bell pepper, cheddar and half the green onion.
- Once the squash has cooled enough to handle it, scrape the flesh using a fork and add it to the cheesy buffalo chicken mixture. Mix together and then add back to the empty squash skins. Top with a little more cheese and then bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes. Finish with chopped green onion and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
** I didn't have green onions so I skipped that, used regular shredded cheddar cheese, and topped with parsley. You can definitely add whatever veggies you want, just choose what you like. If you try it, let me know how it turns out :)