Our bank accounts are empty, we have no more holiday cheer or energy, but somehow we’re supposed to pull it together and do something amazing on December 31st. If you need some ideas, here are some ways to save some money for the New Years.
- Go see local fireworks - Lots of cities have free fireworks on New Year’s Eve, so take advantage of the celebration. It won’t cost anything to get outside and watch and it’s a festive way to ring in the New Year.
- Head to an ice skating rink - Find out which ones are open near you on December 31st and go have some fun on the ice. Entry is usually cheap, if not free, plus you can bring some hot cocoa to keep you warm. Talk about romantic.
- Host a potluck dinner party - It’s an easy way to have a dinner party without having to spend a ton of money to feed the crowd. Everyone brings something and shares and you get to have all the fun with all the friends for very little expense.
- Go to the movies - Some theaters even have midnight showings, so check to find what you can see on New Year’s Eve.
- Use a Groupon deal - Check out com to see what kind of activities you can get for a discount. They offer specials on restaurants, pottery classes, spa treatments, and so much more, so you can try something new and save on New Year’s Eve.
Here are a few more ideas from Bustle.