It's out with the old, in with the new, these are some trends you should expect to see more of in the new year!
- Ruffle shoulders - This vintage-inspired look was on the spring runways at designers like Stella McCartney’s show and it could be next year’s bell sleeve.
- Indie brand wines - They’ll be having a moment in 2018 like craft beer did 10 years ago. Brands like Omen Wine from Oregon are coming out with small-batch wines with well-designed labels and price tags we can afford.
- Several week-long vacations - People are prioritizing self-care more and those who can get out of work or work remotely are going to be enjoying extended vacays for weeks or months at a time.
- Team-based workouts - Gyms and fitness studios will be embracing a “team-like atmosphere” in the coming year. Great for outgoing types, not so much for introverts.
- Colorful kitchens - Stainless steel and matte black aren’t disappearing just yet, but expect to see more colorful cabinets and bright appliances in 2018.
- “Swedish Death Cleaning” - It’s the decluttering craze that’s clearing messy households everywhere. The idea is that when we die, we tend to leave a mess behind for our loved ones to deal with, so we can avoid that by “death cleaning” so they don’t have to.
- Curtain bangs - Pinterest searches for the long, middle-parted fringe or curtain bangs were up 100% as of last month, thanks to famous faces like Halle Berry and Alexa Chung who have sported the look.
- Plandids - Forget selfies, the new photo trend is the “plandid” - which is a carefully planned candid shot. It’s basically when you ask someone to take a pic, but you pretend you weren’t expecting it and you’ll be seeing more of it on your Insta feed.
Check out more trends here.