Being a mother can be a thankless job.
Christmas is almost here and moms know the holiday is all about the kids, but we still want to unwrap something special under the tree, too. The Stir put together a list of the things moms would actually want for Christmas.
- Spa retreat - Skip the fancy bath products and treat mom to a day at the spa instead.
- Weekend of solitude - As much as moms adore our families, we would welcome a weekend alone to shop, sleep, and shower in peace without having to talk to anyone.
- Day to be lazy - Give mom a card saying she will be given a day off to do nothing. And then make sure you follow through and make it happen.
- Cleaning service - Even if it’s only a one-time thing, hire someone else to clean the house for mom.
- Something heartfelt - Like a love letter or a sweet card or video note from the kiddos.
- A date night - Hire a babysitter and take mom out on a real date. Remember when you guys used to do that?
- Hire a personal chef - Again, even if it’s just a one-time deal, it’s something mom would love.
- Time with a friend - Moms don’t always find time in their schedules to get together with their besties, so help make time for her to meet her BFF for lunch.
- Framed kid art - Take a few of the kids’ masterpieces from the fridge and put them in a frame for mom.
- Family photos - Hire a professional or just buy a selfie stick, but mom wants pictures with the whole family, so she’ll love this.
- Breakfast in bed - It’s a classic and no mom would be disappointed to get this present.