Every year (since 1991!,) Florida International University Professor Stephen Leatherman ranks the best beaches in the U.S. To create the list he takes into account 50 different factors including sand, waves and parking.
Here are his 10 best picks for 2017 … just in time to plan your summer vacation:
- Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
- Kapalua Bay Beach – Maui, Hawaii
- Ocracoke Beach – Outer Banks, North Carolina
- Grayton Beach State Park – Grayton Beach, Florida
- Coopers Beach – Southampton, New York
- Coast Guard Beach – Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Caladesi Island State Park – Dunedin-Clearwater, Florida
- Hapuna Beach State Park – Big Island, Hawaii
- Coronado Beach – San Diego, California
- Beachwalker Park – Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Start planning your trip now!
Source: ABC News