Cream and sugar add about 70 calories per day on average. Which might not sound like much, but it adds up. And a lot of Starbucks drinks have way more than that.
About 100,000 people recently took an online survey about their coffee-drinking habits.
1. 49% of us always add cream . . . 38% sometimes do . . . and 13% take it black. 6% said they use cream in the morning, but not if they have coffee later in the day.
2. 73% of us add sugar, or some sort of artificial sweetener. That includes 14% who say they just "pile it in." 27% said they DON'T put sugar in their coffee.
3. 43% of people said they prefer drip coffee, like the kind you make at home. 57% prefer espresso drinks, like they sell at Starbucks. Lattes, cappuccinos, and mochas are the most popular.
4. 84% of people said they like iced coffee, especially in the summer. 16% hate it no matter how hot it is outside.
5. 65% of people enjoy the Pumpkin Spice latte. 35% think it's gross.