I celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday (thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy day) and to commemorate the occasion, I decided to share a list of 30 things I've learned over my first 30 years.
1. Do the work on yourself. It’s worth it, you’re worth it.
2. Don’t lie. It will always come back to bite you in the ass.
3. When faced with an opinion or perspective other than your own, try to learn & understand it before meeting it with opposition. We only learn & grow when we interact with ideas that contradict our own.
4. “Cool” is just a state of mind.
5. There is no point in trying to be anyone other than yourself.
6. Wash your face. Twice a day.
7. Treat other people the way you want to be treated.
8. It’s ok to say “no”.
9. If people in your life matter to you, tell them, show them. Never make them guess how much they mean to you.
10. Traveling is always worth it.
11. Apologize when you know you’ve done wrong.
12. Try & be the bigger person. Life is too short to waste time on resentment.
13. Talk to old people. They have the best stories.
14. Make all the mistakes. Just make sure you learn from each of them.
15. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
16. Music can change everything.
17. Work hard & be kind. It will take you places.
18. Don’t mix alcohols when you go out.
19. Nothing good ever comes from forcing a situation to work out the way you want it to.
20. Not everyone is going to like you & that’s ok.
21. Regret is a worthless emotion.
22. You’ll never feel guilty about the right decision.
23. Don’t be afraid to fail, it’s the best way to learn.
24. Falling in love is the scariest & best feeling in the world.
25. Don’t waste your time trying to change someone.
26. If people in your life aren’t making you better, it’s ok to let them go.
27. Make plans, but stay flexible. The best experiences are the ones that take you by surprise.
28. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard it hurts.
29. Don’t believe 90% of what you see on social media.
30. Time is a gift. Try & live it to the fullest.
I hope you find some of these helpful no matter your age!