Google released its annual list of the top things we searched for this year. And if you think the U.S. doesn't care about soccer, you are WRONG. Here are America's top ten Google searches of 2018 . . .
1. The World Cup. France won it back in July. They beat Croatia 4 to 2 in the final. Kind of amazing it's #1, since the U.S. didn't even make the World Cup this year.
2. Hurricane Florence. It slammed into the Carolinas back in September.
3. Rapper Mac Miller, who died of an overdose in September.
4. Fashion designer Kate Spade, who died in June.
5. Anthony Bourdain, who died three days after Kate. (Both deaths were officially ruled suicide by hanging.)
6. The movie "Black Panther", which hit theaters in February.
7. The Mega Millions results. Some jerk in South Carolina bought a winning ticket worth $1.5 BILLION back in October.
8. Stan Lee, who passed away last month at 95.
9. Demi Lovato, who spent two months in rehab after an overdose this summer.
10. The midterm election results.
Here are four more categories from Google's year-in-review . . .
1. The top NEWS searches of 2018 were for:
. . . The World Cup
. . . Hurricane Florence
. . . The Mega Millions
. . . The election results
. . . Hurricane Michael
2. The top FOOD searches were for:
. . . "unicorn cakes"
. . . "romaine lettuce"
. . . "CBD gummies"
. . . "keto pancakes"
. . . "keto cheesecake"
3. The top "HOW TO" questions were:
. . . "How to vote"
. . . "How to register to vote"
. . . "How to play Mega Millions"
. . . "How to buy Ripple"
. . . "How to turn off automatic updates
4. And the top "WHAT IS" questions were:
. . . "What is Bitcoin"
. . . "What is racketeering"
. . . "What is DACA"
. . . "What is a government shutdown"
. . . "What is Good Friday?"