Australian journalist and mom Alissa Warren gets that and offers up her own dirty little mom secrets - aka her “lazy mom” hacks to help us be the okayest moms out there.
- Give up your vacuum cleaner for a leaf blower - She claims to have ditched her vacuum and just uses the leaf blower inside and outside her home.
- Skip bath time - Some nights she just has the kids wash hands and faces, brush teeth, get in their jammies and head to bed.
- Make sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them - Then she has lunches ready to go all week long.
- Use a garden rake to clean up your kids' Legos - Alissa says she actually rakes her kids’ toys into the corner every night and only bothers picking up tiny Legos and puzzle pieces once a week since they’re just going to spread them all out by six the next morning.
- Feed the kids outside in the summer - The kiddos like it because they can be outside eating in their undies if they want and they can make as big a mess. Mom likes it because she can hose the table off when they’re done and the house is still clean.
- Make the bed twice with a mattress protector between the sheets- That way if your kid has an accident in the middle of the night, just strip the top layer and viola! A fresh set of sheets is ready to go underneath and everyone gets back to sleep sooner.
- Don't unload the dishwasher - Save the steps to the cabinet and just grab what you need from the clean dishwasher load.
- Put kids to bed in their clothes for the next day - This saves precious time on those days you have to be up early.
More Lazy Mom Hacks from 'The Stir'