1. Mountain Dew is mainly just orange juice.
Buzzfeed/PepsiCo / Via pepsicobeveragefacts.com
2. Pringles once had a lawsuit trying to prove that they weren’t really potato chips.
3. When you eat figs, technically, you're also eating wasps.
Figs are pollinated by female wasps, who lose their wings in the process of pollination. The wasp has no way to get out of the fig and so they die inside, and then the fig's enzymes breakdown and dissolve the wasp.
4. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
5. The largest wholesale purchaser of kale, before it became a craze, was Pizza Hut.
6. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and kohlrabi all come from the same plant!
7. Cheez-Its contain paprika!
Crystal Ro / BuzzFeed / Kellogg Company / Via cheezit.com
8. The bananas we eat today are clones.
9. Chimichanga literally means "thingamajig" in Spanish.
10. Tomatoes are not native to Italy.
11. Potatoes are actually 80% water and 20% solid.
12. Haribo green gummy bears aren't lime or green apple flavored, but strawberry!
13. Humans share 60% of our DNA with bananas.
14. Shredded cheese has cellulose, which is a wood product (aka sawdust) so that it doesn't stick together.
15. Pineapple juice can help tenderize meat.
16. Strawberries aren't berries, but bananas are!
17. There are two types of hot dog buns: regular and New England style.
Crystal Ro / BuzzFeed / Getty
18. Mangoes can get sunburned.
19. Eating lollipops is just swallowing flavored saliva.
20. Apples have small traces of cyanide in their seeds!!!
21. Fritos only have three ingredients: corn, corn oil, and salt.
Crystal Ro / BuzzFeed / Getty / Frito-Lay, Inc. / Via fritolay.com