Australian Man Who Became Paraplegic After Eating Slug Dies At 28

An Australian man who became paraplegic after swallowing a slug has died.

Sam Ballard was 19 years old when he swallowed a slug as a dare at a friend's party in 2010. After eating the slug, he contracted rat lungworm-- commonly found in rats, slugs and snails-- and later lapsed into a coma, suffering a severe infection to his brain.

Ballard passed away Friday (11/2) surrounded by friends and family, Australian media reported.

Read more of Sam's story here.

Source: Evening Standard

Raven

Raven

Want to know more about Raven? Get her official bio, social pages & articles on 106.1 KISS-fm! Read more

title

Content Goes Here