It's almost impossible to tell if the person you've been chatting with on a dating app is worth meeting up with IRL, so here are five dating app conversation flags to watch out for:
- They go silent on you for long periods of time. If they’re not invested in keeping the conversation going, let the conversation die out for good.
- You got a message that was meant for someone else. If they’re that careless about messaging you, meeting up with them probably isn't worth it.
- They get pushy when you don’t respond. It’s just as much of a red flag as being distant.
- They’re vague about personal details. If they’re not telling you much about themselves, chances are they’re hiding something or lying.
- They keep steering the conversation towards sex. If sex is all they can talk about, they're probably not looking for anything more than a hook up.
Source: Elite Daily; photo: Getty Images