These are the styles and trends we’ll see more of in 2018:
- Ruffle shoulders. This vintage-inspired look was on the spring runways at designers like Stella McCartney’s show.
- Indie brand wines. Brands like Omen Wine from Oregon are coming out with small-batch wines with well-designed labels and affordable price tags.
- Several week-long vacations. Those who can get out of work or work remotely will be enjoying extended vacays for weeks or months at a time.
- Team-based workouts. Gyms and fitness studios will embrace a “team-like atmosphere” in the coming year.
- Colorful kitchens. Stainless steel and matte black aren’t disappearing yet, but expect to see more colorful cabinets and bright appliances in 2018.
- “Swedish Death Cleaning." It’s the decluttering craze that’s sweeping messy households.
- Curtain bangs. Pinterest searches for the long, middle-parted fringe or curtain bangs were up 100 percent as of last month, thanks to famous faces like Halle Berry and Alexa Chung who have sported the look.
- Plandids. The latest photo trend is the “plandid,” which is a carefully planned candid shot.
Source: PureWow; photo: Getty Images