Forget about the best contouring methods; how do we tell when body wash is expired? And can toothpaste really treat pimples? Check out Refinery29's best No-B.S. beauty advice:
- If you can't remember when you bought it, it's probably expired. It may not harm your skin, but it won't work the way it's supposed to.
- Don't buy blotting papers. Use Starbucks napkins for free.
- Wear a lip stain if you're looking for long-lasting lipstick. It's also less likely to smear.
- Dry shampoo is the best way to control greasy hair. Baby powder works, too.
- For tanner skin, try a self-tanning lotion. Skip the tanning bed and opt for a bottle of self-tanning lotion. They work a lot better than they did years ago.
Source: Refinery29; photo: Getty Images