It's Dave's birthday on Saturday so I decided to bake him a little treat and thought they were so cute so I wanted to share the recipe!
- Any type of cookie will work. You can use homemade cookies, or if you are in a rush, pre-made cookie dough (or even store bought cookies) can work.
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Candy Eyes
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Bake Cookies as directed. As you pull them out of the oven use a teaspoon-measuring spoon to make divots in the middle of the cookie and then allow the cookies to cool completely.
- While you are waiting for your cookies to cool, place a cup of chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave them in intervals of 12 seconds until they are completely melted. You will use this melted chocolate to drizzle the legs onto the cookies.
- Now place Your Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the middle of the cookie where your divot is. By placing a dap of melted chocolate on the back of the candy eyes, you can then stick them into place on the peanut butter cups. Lastly, use your melted chocolate to drizzle the spiders legs onto the cookies. I used the smallest tip on my Wilton cake decorating set. Let the melted chocolate dry.