Holy cow! "...Baby One More Time" is 20 years old, and now I feel old! Here are some fun facts I found about the video and song!
1. Britney's longtime family friend Felicia Culotta played the teacher.
Felicia, known as Aunt Fe, was also Britney's personal assistant for a number of years in the beginning of her career. The two parted ways during Britney's rough patch in the mid 2000s, but Aunt Fe was back on Team Britney after the singer rehired her in 2009.
2. Those sexy school girl costumes were all Britney's idea!
The director was going to have them wear "just jeans and t-shirts," but Britney had a better idea, saying, "Wouldn't I wear a schoolgirl outfit?" The rest of the clothing in the video, sports bras, track pants, and sneakers. was also the brainchild of then-16-year-old Britney, who, in response to criticism that she was showing too much skin, said, "Me showing my belly? I'm from the South; you're stupid if you don't wear a sports bra when you go to dance class, you're going to be sweating your butt off."
Nigel Dick also said of the video's outfits: "Every piece of wardrobe in the video came from Kmart, and I was told at the time not one piece of clothing in the video cost more than $17.
3. "…Baby One More Time" was originally offered to TLC, but the R&B trio turned it down.
4. Britney's video love interest was portrayed by her cousin.
Britney's cousin, Chad Spears, was an Abercrombie & Fitch model at the time of the video shoot.
5. Britney was a member of her school basketball team.
6. Britney Spears sings the word "baby" 25 times in the song.
7. The "…Baby One More Time" music video was shot at the same school used in "Grease."