I just washed my sheets yesterday. I should wash them more often. My bra and jeans...let's just say I wash them, but I'm a disgusting human. A new survey asked people how long they go between washing some things that, frankly, lots of us don't wash very often.
1. Jeans. 10% of people wash their jeans every single time they wear them and 44% do it at least once a week, but 28% go at least a month, and 18% will hold out for months and only wash them once they get a stain.
2. Towels. 9% of people wash them after every use, which seems like ridiculous overkill. 43% of people wash them once a week, and 15% wash them whenever they get around to it.
3. Sheets. 44% wash them every one or two weeks, another 35% wash them once a month, but 21% use them indefinitely and only throw them in the laundry when they're repulsive.
4. Bras. Only 5% wash them after every use, 56% go one or two weeks, and 33% wait until they SMELL WEIRD. Women are much more aggressive with their sports bras. 41% wash them after every use, and no one just lets them go indefinitely.
5. Underwear. 97% of people wash their underwear after they wear it once. 3% of people sometimes re-wear the same pair even if it's dirty.