Joey Chestnut took down 63 hot dogs on July 4th this year. But that wasn't National Hot Dog Day . . . TODAY is. It's always the third Wednesday in July. Here are a few Hot Dog Day deals going on today . . .
1. Nathan's Famous locations have a buy-one-get-one deal where your second dog only costs a nickel. That's how much they were when their original location in Coney Island open in 1916.
2. Wienerschnitzel is selling chili dogs for a buck, but you have to buy four.
3. Hot Dog on a Stick has a buy-one-get-one deal. But it's only for turkey dogs and veggie dogs, and you have to be a rewards member.
4. Dog Haus has a coupon for one free hot dog, no purchase necessary.
5. Pilot Flying J gas stations have a buy-one-get-one deal for rewards members.