As you'd probably guess, many musicians use former relationships as songwriting inspiration. Here's a list of break up and love songs that were inspired by famous flings:
1. "The One That Got Away", Katy Perry. . . She wrote it about Josh Groban.
2. "Still Feel Like Your Man", John Mayer. . . He wrote it about Katy Perry.
3. "Colors", Halsey. . . It's about Matty Healy from The 1975.
4. "Gonna Get Caught", Demi Lovato. . . They wrote it about Joe Jonas with the help of Nick Jonas. . . awkward.
5. "7 Things", Miley Cyrus. . . She wrote it about Nick Jonas and even wore dog tags he gave her in the video.
6. "Wedding Bells", Nick Jonas. . . He then wrote about Miley Cyrus and her engagement to Liam Hemsworth.
7. "You Oughta Know", Alanis Morissette. . . It was written about her break up from Dave Coulierfrom "Full House".
(See more atBuzzFeed.com.)