While there are a lot of things that go into making a marriage a happy one, a new study suggests it may just boil down to what song you danced to at your wedding.
A new UK survey, which could easily translate here, finds that couples whose first dance was to Elton John’s “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” are the most likely to describe themselves as happy. The poll questioned 5,500 married couples, and 77% of those who danced to Elton’s tune say they are happy.
Other first dance songs that produced happy couples include:
- Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely” (75%)
- Frank Sinatra’s“The Way You Look Tonight” (74%)
- Lea Salonga & Brad Kane’s“A Whole New World” (Aladdin movie): (71%)
- Etta James’“At Last” (71%)
- Phil Collins'"You'll Be In My Heart" (70%)
On the flipside, couples whose first dance was to One Direction’s “Little Things” are the most likely to say they are unhappy, separated or divorced. Overall, 75% of those who danced to the 1D tune described themselves that way.
Other first dance songs that produced unhappy couples include:
- Jason Mraz’s“I'm Yours” (61%)
- Snow Patrol’s“Chasing Cars” (56%)
- Randy Newman’s“You've Got a Friend In Me” (52%)
- Michael Bublé’s“Everything” (49%)
- Ed Sheeran’s“Perfect” (42%)
More from Daily Mail