Fans from Auburn, Virginia, Texas and Michigan state will be in town for March Madness this weekend and there's plenty of stuff for you to go and check out. Here are some things you may want to go and check out.
Tip-Off Tailgate: Free events along Nicollet Mall Friday through Monday. Concerts on the Main Stage at 11th Street. Twin Cities band The Belladivas headline Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Fitz and the Tantrums Monday at 6 p.m.
Stop by Tip-off Tailgate on your way to and from the games at U.S. Bank Stadium and Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Fans can enjoy daily entertainment and other free activities. Special activities include:
- Tip-off Tailgate Ferris wheel presented by Capital One on 10th Street. Capital One cardholders who show their card will enjoy a priority entry line.
- Tip-off Tailgate Main Stage presented by Wendy’s on 11th Street featuring a performance by Fitz and the Tantrums Monday, April 8
- Sample food and beverages from Coca-Cola, Wendy’s and Pizza Hut.
- Relax at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Check out moments of the NCAA basketball semifinal and championship game coverage.
- Check out the AT&T, Axe and Buick activities as well.
Check out the schedule for what to expect each day.
• March Madness Music Series at The Armory: The Chainsmokers headline Friday, the Jonas Brothers Saturday and Katy Perry on Sunday. Fans were asked to preregister for passes for the Armory concerts and all passes are now gone. Click here for more information.
• Final Four Friday: See the four teams practice at U.S. Bank Stadium, starting with Auburn at 11 a.m., Virginia at noon, Texas Tech at 1 p.m. and Michigan State at 2 p.m. More info here.
Free for kids 12 and under and Capitol One cardholders; otherwise $10.
• Final Four Fan Fest: Interactive games, celebrity and athlete appearances, autograph signings. Click here for the event overview.