All of us on the morning show decided we should try a pumpkin recipe since it's Fall. I went with pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins. Before you start the recipe, my only recommendation is on the step with the cream cheese swirl... you should swirl the the mixture through the entire pumpkin batter instead of just leaving it on the top. Other than that, good luck!
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE SWIRL:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
4. Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
5. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
6. Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier.
7. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Here's the website I got the recipe from! Click here.