Here's the low down on the looks people will be wearing in six months.
- Daring denim - Jeans are never out of style, but now the look is more varied. There were elegant twists from designers Coach and Michael Kors and denim in everything from skirts to dresses to overcoats. From indigo to faded jeans, get ready for denim with a modern twist.
- Tie-dye - It’s not just for hippies or music festivals anymore. Fashion week showed tie-dye revamped for streetwear. Some brands, like Eckhaus Latta, went for a matchy-matchy look and others, like John Elliott, were styled more casually with bucket hats and sneakers.
- Bike shorts - Athleisure addicts, like Kimmy K and Bella Hadid, paired them with everything from bomber jackets to blazers and now biker shorts have hit the runway as well. And Area, a brand known for on-trend, party-ready styles, showed the sporty staple upgraded to a metallic material and worn with a matching dress.
- Fringe - At Oscar de la Renta is was on the backs of high heels and swishing off evening gowns, at Calvin Klein it was swinging from a fanny pack. No matter how you wear it, get ready because fringe is in.
- Yellow - The bright, sunny hue stood out against the rainy week in New York and yellow was seen on dozens of runways from Brandon Maxwell to Carolina Herrera. Dressed up or down, it’s definitely a stand out shade.