On Tuesday morning, the state fair released its lengthy list of new foods — 27 of them — as well as its five new food vendors for 2018. Here's the 11 of em' that we can't wait to try.
1. Bacon Fluffernutter: Grilled cinnamon bun sandwich with a bacon, peanut butter and marshmallow cream filling. (The Sandwich Stop, west side of Clough Street between Carnes and Judson avenues)
2. Bowl O’ Dough: Scoops of raw cookie dough that are safe to eat and available in four flavors: Brownie Batter Swirl, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (gluten-free), European Cookie Butter, Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake with Blueberries. All are served with a side of sea salt-flavored ice milk. (Blue Moon Dine-In Theater, northeast corner of Carnes Avenue and Chambers Street)
3. Cheesy Nacho Corn-on-the-Cob: Roasted corn-on-the-cob lightly coated with crushed Doritos corn chips and nacho cheese. (Texas Steak Out, west side of Underwood Street between Lee and Randall avenues)
4. Deep-Fried Avocado: Avocado slices dipped in a lightly seasoned batter, deep-fried and served with chipotle ranch dipping sauce. (O’Gara’s at the Fair, at the southwest corner of Dan Patch Avenue and Cosgrove Street)
5. Double Dose of Pork Belly: 100 percent ground pork belly burger topped with crisp smoked pork belly, pepper jack cheese, coleslaw and pickled onions, served on a toasted bun. (RC’s BBQ, north side of West Dan Patch Avenue between Liggett and Chambers streets)
6. Mini Sconuts: Buttermilk scone holes filled with chocolate, marshmallow and Nutella, deep-fried and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar (gluten-free). (French Meadow Bakery & Cafe, north side of Carnes Avenue between Nelson and Underwood streets)
7. Mobster’s Caviar: Cream cheese dip with crab meat, green onions, fresh red pepper and water chestnuts, served with whole-wheat flatbread crackers. (The Hideaway Speakeasy, in the Veranda, Grandstand upper level, northwest section)
8. Pizzarito: Flour tortilla filled with pepperoni, Italian sausage, risotto, mozzarella and marinara, coated with garlic butter, parmesan and Italian spices, baked and served with a side of marinara. (Green Mill, east side of Cooper Street between Randall and Wright avenues, at Family Fair at Baldwin Park)
9. Sonoran Sausage ONE.BAD.DOG:Tex-Mex sausage stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, baked and served on a cornmeal-dusted bun with fresh corn salsa and a drizzle of avocado ranch sauce. (Sausage Sister & Me, Food Building, east wall)
10. The Hideaway Speakeasy: Appetizers, breakfast ciabattas and panini sandwiches. (Veranda, a new shopping and dining destination in the upper level of the Grandstand, northwest section)
11. Miller’s Flavored Cheese Curds: Serving three flavored varieties — ranch, garlic and jalapeño. (East side of Nelson Street between Dan Patch and Carnes avenues, next to the Giant Slide)
Click here to see details and locations on the full list!