Barbara Kline plans to sue Vita Coco after becoming violently ill upon finding "an octopus-looking thing" in her Vita Coco coconut water.
"When I took a big gulp, I swallowed a chunk of something," Kline told BuzzFeed News. "It tasted very thick and syrupy. It was disgusting."
Kline said she vomited when she saw the octopus-like substance sitting at the bottom of the jug.
"Vita Coco is a preservative-free beverage made from naturally-occurring ingredients," said Arthur Gallego, Vita Coco's global director of corporate communications. "While the consumer has yet to return the product for testing, this looks like typical food spoilage."
"This consumer's product was likely left opened, improperly refrigerated, or damaged, and after reviewing the images she has posted, we are confident it is mold growth," he added.
Source: BuzzFeed News; photos: Barbara Kline; Mike Mozart / CC BY 2.0 / Via Flickr: jeepersmedia