We all want skin like Jennifer Lopez, but not everyone (read: no one) has a team of pros on-hand to achieve it. Luckily, it doesn't always take laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion to get that J-Lo glow. Try these simple and inexpensive tricks at home:
1. Take a supplement. A hair, skin and nail formula packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids can help, too. Lipman says skin products work externally, but taking a supplement with zinc, copper and manganese makes changes on the inside to give you the glowy skin you want on the outside.
2. Drink green juice. The minerals, chlorophyll and antioxidants in fresh green juice are great for skin. Celebrity facialist Joanna Vargas says it’s her number one skin fix for girls who want clean, clear, glowing skin. Lipman warns against green juice that has a lot of fruit in it because of the extra sugar; he recommends one with greens, lemon and ginger.
3. Exfoliate and dry brush. Increase circulation and get rid of dead skin with dry brushing and exfoliation. Vargas suggests doing it for two minutes before your shower. He says you’ll see a difference in skin quality in just a few days.
4. Eat more avocados. Avocados are packed with healthy fats and phytonutrients to keep skin hydrated and glowing. Lipman even calls them “nature’s own moisturizer.”
5. Make a natural mask. Take the other half of the avocado you ate and make a mask with it, so you get the glowing benefits inside and out. Mix the mashed avocado with a tablespoon of raw honey and two tablespoons of hot water, then apply it to your face for 10-minutes. Your skin will thank you.
6. Snack on cucumber. You can’t glow unless you’re hydrated. Cucumbers will help you hydrate, plus they’re low-cal. You can even add them to your green juice or smoothies!